The whole grain in nutritrional terms is very rich in proteins, providing highest levels of calcium and high levels of dietary fibre. It helps in control of blood glucose levels in diabetics.
In Karnataka its also consumed in many forms like Ragi balls (Ragi Mudde) dipped in sambar, Malt and Koozhu. Ragi Seri can be fed for infants above 6 months since its high in calcium. Whenever we are preparing the flour at home have to be very careful since it contains small muddy particles or stones. When you buy Ragi flour from supermarkets its better to seive 2 to 3 times and then use it.
Here is a simple and easy recipe for Ragi Roti which is high in nutrition and healthy food.
Green chilli - 2nos chopped (As per your taste)
My other entries for breakfast are
Thanks to Ramya and Sanghi for Scrumptious Awards and Rekha for Kreative, Scrumptious and Fabulous Awards. I thank from my bottom of the heart for passing on these wonderful awards to me. I feel very happy and encouraged at the end of the day seeing my blog with awards.
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share the ABCs of you.
4. Tag 4 people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let the 4 tagged people know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people, so that there is a big network of bloggers doing this tag.
1. A – Available/Single? Married
2. B – Best friend? Rashmi
3. C – Cake or Pie? Cake
4. D – Drink of choice? Coffee
5. E – Essential item you use every day? Internet
6. F – Favorite color? Blue
7. G – Gummy Bears Or Worms? -
8. H – Hometown? Bangalore
9. I – Indulgence? Salted potato chips of India
11. K – Kids & their names? 1 Son named Siddarth
12. L – Life is incomplete without? Family
13. M – Marriage date? 24th Aug 2006
14. N – Number of siblings? one elder bro
15. O – Oranges or Apples? both
16. P – Phobias/Fears? Fears
17. Q – Quote for today? Be Cool and patient
18. R – Reason to smile? My son
19. S – Season? Winter
20. T – Tag 4 People?
21. U – Unknown fact about me?unknown
22. V – Vegetable you don't like? mostly i like all thinking....
23. W – Worst habit? loose temper rarely and shout
24. X – X-rays you've had? for tooth
25. Y – Your favorite food? Bisibelebath, gobi manchurian, akki roti, fried rice, many more
26. Z – Zodiac sign? libra
Rajeshwari of Raks Kitchen