Tried this and it was yumm. It was finished the same day.
Checkout my homemade mixedfruitjam here. using agar agar/china grass.
Strawberry - 15 nos
brown sugar - 1/2 cup (adjust accordingly)
vinegar/lemon juice - 1 or 2 drops (optional)
- Wash and grind strawberry with water to fine paste.
- Heat a kadai, add the ground strawberry and cook for 15 mins.
- Add sugar and cook till its shiny and becomes jam consistency.
- Off the stove when its little semi liquid consistency. It will become thick once cooled.
- Add lemon juice/vinegar if you need to preserve or making large quantities.
- I didn't add them, just adjusted sugar accordingly and finished same day.
Note : Nowadays just making what is required for a day or two and finishing it. Not storing for later use. But you can do and keep handy for weekends or short trips.
- Can use non stick pan too.
PS - Your feedback is appreciated. Do try recipe from (http://