Maddur Vade is popular in a place called Maddur on way to Mysore, India over 60 years. MaddurVade is available in hotels in Karnataka and when you travel to mysore in train you will be able to taste this. This is very crispy, tasty and best munch. Never miss this Give it a try!!!!Required ingredients
Chiroti Rava (small semolina) – 1 cup
Maida flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 cup
Oil or Ghee or vanaspati - 3 tspns
Green chilies – 2 nos or
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Onions – 2nos
Curry Leaves -few
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
1. Mix Rava, maida, rice flour with ghee or hot oil, then add chillies, red chilli powder and curry leaves.
2. Cut onions into thin and long pieces
3. Add onions and salt
4. Now mix everything with little water to a soft dough like chapathi dough
5. Make medium size balls
6. Press it to get round shape by hand on plastic sheet greased with oil
7. Heat oil in pan and drop it
8. Fry both sides in oil till golden brown
9. Remove on tissue paper.
Maddur Vade is ready. Serve the hot crispy vade as it is or with coconut chutney.