One lazy weekend, we were having dinner outside, so had to make some simple lunch for one time. My son's favourite is Paneer butter masala then quickly I decided to make Paneer Pasanda.
In this recipe you can cut the Paneer into bigger size with block paneer. I had small cubes. I have used Almonds in this usually cashews are used in this recipe.
Paneer/Indian cottage cheese - 25 nos(for homemade click here)
Almonds/badam - 6 nos
Onion - 2nos
Garlic - 2 each
Tomato - 3nos
Milk - 1 cup or less
Spices - 2nos each cardamom/cinnamon/cloves/star anise little
Kasoori methi - 1 tspn
Sugar - 1/4 tspn
Red chilli powder - 1 tspn(As per your taste)
Oil n ghee - 2 tblspns
Water as required
1. Soak paneer in hot water.
2. Soak badam in hot water
3. Heat a kadai with oil, put spices and keep in simmer. Saute.
4. Cut onions into chunks. Increase the gas burner to medium, add the onions and garlic. Saute till transparent.
5. Cut tomatoes in chunks and add with onion. Saute till its soft.
6. Off the stove and cool it.
7. Now remove skin of almonds(optional), add to mixie and grind to smooth paste. in the same paste add the onions and tomato mixture, red chilli powder and grind to fine/smooth paste.
8. Heat the same kadai, add butter and oil, add bayleaf(optional) for flavour.
9. Add the onion tomato paste and boil. Add milk.
10. Add the paneer, salt, crush kasoori methi, sugar and cook till oil separates.
11. Add water if the gravy is too thick. Adjust salt and red chilli powder if required.
Serve hot with rotis/rice.
I served with chapathis and store bought paratha.
Checkout more Paneer recipes click here.
Did you try any recipe from (http://www.sarascorner.net/) take picture and send it to me through Facebook message or mail me at email@example.com. Will be glad to add in my page Tried & Tasted album